Maybe you are already a published author, or a wannabee famous writer… maybe you have put a lot of heart and soul on your writing, but you always seem to reinventing the wheel when it comes to the promotion of your work. Is this you? Do you resonate? Well, in order to make your life easy when it comes to promotion, you should be collecting emails from your readers, so that when you decide to promote your next book, your raving funs will instantly receive a notification in their inbox. This is how authors became famous, bestsellers, and some of them, quite rich. To have a list of your readers’ emails is not essential only for your next book promotions. It is also important for you to promote to them more products of yours, e-courses, coaching, mentoring, affiliate programs, and the list goes on. (For more information on how authors make a good living, check out this article here) But how do you do this? How do you collect all those emails, especially through amazon, where you are not allowed to know who your buyers are?
Here is what you do:
Add within your book a free offer, and suggest your readers to go to your website to download it.
In your website, you will have an opt-in form. If they give you their name and email, they will be redirected to the download free gift page. Then you will send them an email, thanking them for being loyal readers of yours, and give them something more of value. In a week or so, contact them again. Suggest them an article of yours, an online event, etc. Keep contact. Build relationships, Gain their trust. And when you will want to promote your services or products for pay, they will be more open to buy. You will have a following. You might have 1000 – 2000 or even 10.000 contacts in your emailing list. You won’t need to spend too much money on pay per click advertising anymore, you won’t have to randomly social media post hoping someone will respond, you won’t have to let your progress and your success to luck. You will have your following, and your following will be supporting you graciously.
And now, let’s see, step by step how this can be achieved.
You may create a proper emailing collecting and autoresponding machine by following those steps:
- You have your own website or blog
- You create this special opt in form through an auto responder service. Some of the most popular services are:
- And the one that I mostly recommend: Mailerlite. As I have used all the above and stayed a bit dissatisfied, I embraced this service above all, and I am offering to you their free package, which is and remains free until you have collected 1000 subscribers or more. So, if you want to give it a try, consider using my own Affiliate link (still free), which is https://www.mailerlite.com/invite/9673350ef1785
To find a little more about how to set up your auto responders, and emailing list building machine, I will soon post a more detailed article here.
In the meantime, you may go to Mailerlite Tutorials Video Page and find out step by step how to use this invaluable online tool: https://www.mailerlite.com/video-tutorials
- Set up auto responding series where you let your subscribers to download their free gift
- You keep sending those emails with quality information so that you build trust and stay connected.
Things you can promote as free gifts:
- Guided Meditations
- Check lists
- Videos with instructions
- VIP FB-group membership
- Free 20 minutes consultation online meeting
Things you can promote if you write fiction:
- Wall papers with Illustrations inspired from the plot of your book
- Small eBook with the separated story of particular characters – extra information that it is not written within the actual book
- Mobile Game App inspired by the plot of your book
- Printable card deck game inspired by the plot and the characters of your book
- An interview of you explaining how you got inspired and created this book
If you do not have time to create a free gift yourself, you can get something already created by someone else, through PLR online stores (Public Label Rights). You should better edit your plr gift, as most times it is not that greatly written, and you want it to have some of your personality on it. In addition to this, I would suggest that you do not pretend you wrote it yourself, even though you have the copy rights to do so after you have purchase it. Those items tend to be bought by many people, and you don’t want some of your followers to find out you are giving away ghost written material. It is better to say upfront “I haven’t created this info, but I found it useful for you, and I bought the right so that I offer to you freely”.
You may download PLR digital items (eBooks, Articles, Reports, Videos, Audios, etc.) here:
Last but not least, let’s see where you can put your “call to action” and link within your book
so that your readers will go to your link, your website, fill in the opt in form, and register to download your free gift, as well as to be subscribers of your emailing list:
- Within the first 3 paragraphs of your introduction – so soon that it will be approachable to everyone who reads your introduction teaser in the Amazon preview page. (you want to hook EVERYONE, not just your paying clients)
- Once or twice within your book content (just to remind them you are offering something of great value)
- Essentialy in the end of your book
I Hope this article has helped you, Please, let me know if you have any questions or comments, on the comment – form below. I really want to hear from you and be of service as much as possible.