Have you ever thought of writing your own book and turning it into an Amazon bestseller? Have you ever thought that this magic moment will come when you have more time, more inspiration more… something? Well, if you don’t do it now, you won’t do it at all. Take some minutes, actually, take around one hour and sit down comfortably to watch this interview I had with the #1Amazon best-selling Author, as well as self-development expert: Marc Reklau. I also suggest having a note pad with you and a pen, because there is a lot of information for both your book writing and your book promotion.
But first, let me introduce you our guest, Marc Reclau, #1 Amazon Best Selling Author & a Personal Development expert:
His first book “30 Days – Change your habits, change your life” became an Amazon Bestseller “overnight” (after one year of hard work).
It’s the #1 bestselling book in its categories Personal Development and Business & Economy on Amazon Spain since Summer 2015 with over 300 days in the Top100 of the Spanish Kindle store. After having 40000 downloads in 72 hours, it hit Amazon’s paid Bestseller lists in its category in seven Kindle stores worldwide—where it has stayed ever since many times outselling gurus like Tim Ferriss or David Allen.
In winter 2017, a little over one and a half years later, Marc has more than 130,000 downloads on Amazon, 3 publishing contracts, two Audiobooks, more than 20.000 copies sold and is speaking at events all over the world thanks to practicing the habits he teaches and the opportunity to self-publish his book on Amazon.
…So, how did he do all this? How did he manage to be from a Jobless to an Amazon Bestseller for so long and with so many downloads?
Here are some highlights that you will have the opportunity to learn through the interview – video:
Is it true that Authors make hundreds of thousands of dollars with just one book?
- There are many coaches out here who brag that they earn enormous amounts of money just from one book. Don’t believe them. Most of them do not earn half of what they say.
- To earn enough money from your books you need to sell a lot of books. I mean, book-S… not just one book many times, many books many times. So, if you want to make your writing career your main source of income, keep on writing books. Keep on promoting them, and then promote them even more. And then, decide never stop promoting, and never stop writing.
- Most non-fiction authors earn their main income from coaching and e-courses.
Is there a secret formula to succeed a #1 Amazon bestseller?
- Unfortunately, there is not. There are, of course, tactics and strategies, but for each individual, there is something different that will work properly. Marc tried many different strategies, and only after combining them together did he finally managed to crack the bestselling code for him.
- We mention “for him” here, because each time, and for every different author, there is a slightly different approach that will bring the right results.
- But don’t despair. There are strategies and tools that if they are adjusted properly, they will lead you to your Amazon Bestselling success. All you need is to be prepared that it will take some time, and there will be some failures on your way. Trial and error. Although you don’t have to reinvent the wheel, you need to take some time and effort to adjust the wheel to your own unique vehicle.
Why Amazon Published Authors give away for free their books? Is it logical to do so, when, all that they want is to earn a steady income from their writing?
- Amazon does not count the free downloads as sales. This means that free downloads seem that they do not help you turn your book into an Amazon bestseller… That’s what Amazon officially says. But experience has shown differently; Marc has found that his books are climbing on the Bestselling scale even with only free promotions.
- When a book is downloaded for free many times, it turns into “hot new release”. Having your book into the “hot new release” list gives great exposure. And exposure brings you sales.
- Marc has calculated that for every 7 books he gives away for free, he sells one book. There are many free online services as well as FB groups that are willing to promote your free book for you. So, it is not that difficult to achieve many free downloads.
- Ask your readers, even if they have downloaded your book for free to give you a review. Amazon respects reviews and rewards with high rankings the reviewed books. The more your reviews are, the better for your ranking score will be.
- You never know who will find, read and appreciate your book during the free promotion period. Marc was found by Korean Publishers and his two books were translated into Korean! How great can that be? Contracts with international publishers!
- Marc has worked with several promotion services and groups for his free book giveaway, but, the one he recommends most passionately is bookbub.com
Marc was Jobless when he wrote his first book but he managed to turn it into an Amazon Bestseller… We all know when we are without a job, our self-esteem and motivation drop down… How could Marc Reklaw keep his positivity and motivation high for success?
- He follows his own advice written in his books. In short, he walks the talk.
- Instead of asking yourself “Why this happened to me” You may ask, “How can I turn this around? How can I use this experience for my behalf and success? What can I do to resolve this issue?” The answer always comes when you set a question. But you need the proper question to get the right answer.
- He did a great research on how he should write, publish and promote his book. He followed all advice and after a lot of trial and error he cracked the code and achieved his goal to become a best-selling author. Research, Focus, Clarity, and Faith.
On embracing good habits in our lives, what advice can we get from our guest and expert on this specific subject?
- 30 Days is an average amount of time to develop a habit. A good habit might need only 5 days to be installed if it is something easy, but it might need more than 60 days if it is something really difficult or totally different from what we have been used to doing till now. No matter how much time it will need to be installed in our everyday life, it is worth trying because the more we do it, the easier it becomes.
- It is great to achieve doing something constantly every day, but if you miss a day, don’t despair, don’t go back to your old habits. Even if you miss a day you can still catch-up and make the habit yours in the long run.
- The number one supportive habit for an Author is to wake up a couple of hours earlier and start writing. Generally, waking up early is a great thing to do and an amazing way to start your day, because it sets the pace on how your day will unfold. During the early hours, things go smoothly and like in a slow motion. In the morning people get easily focused, and they feel a lot clearer than during the day. So, if you are not already doing it, start from today. Wake up early and write.
If you haven’t watched the interview, go to the top of the page and click “Play”. Then, let me know what your biggest “Aha” have been and what would you like to ask us?